yellow oil substance inside bottom of kegerator!?!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hungry4hops

Hop to it!
Reaction score
Ok so I just disassembled my nostalgia kegerator to move co2 outside and add nitrogen. When I got it all a part I noticed the yellow ath the bottom back wall. At first I thought it was beer put my finger in it and it seems to be some sort of oil. My question is should I not do any modifications because it might be on its way out. Everything seems to be working fine, should I be concerned?
Thanks here's some pics, let me know what you guys think

20140120_204349.jpg

20140120_203039.jpg

20140120_203027.jpg

Yeah it seems to be working just fine. I'm going ahead with the install fingers crossed it was nothing! Eek

I've seen that same stuff in a few refrigerators also. No idea what it is, but most of those refrigerators have been running for years without any issue.

I've seen it before, in back of general purpose fridges in shared houses. I think it's a mold/bacteria that tends to grow on wet liquids with some nutrients in them. It's at the point that any spills would tend to gather.

Back