Yello from North Central Wisconsin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjolin01

Reaction score
New to the home brew scene. Currently only doing one gallons but hoping to graduate to 5 gallons soon. Love being a beer drinker in Wisconsin. So much local variety.

Looking forward to learning from all the experience on this site.

Welcome aboard! I lived in Appleton for several years. I loved my time in WI with maybe the exception of the frigid cold winters!

New to the home brew scene. Currently only doing one gallons but hoping to graduate to 5 gallons soon. Love being a beer drinker in Wisconsin. So much local variety.

Looking forward to learning from all the experience on this site.

Need some beer bottles. I have about 100, never counted, Pilsner Urquell bottles to give away. Half or more have the labels removed.

Yello!! I lived in Wi. for 47 years before moving to the Great Pacific Northwest! Couldn't take the cold weather anymore.

Yello!! I lived in Wi. for 47 years before moving to the Great Pacific Northwest! Couldn't take the cold weather anymore.

At least it doesn't rain all winter here, but you have crabbing. there is always a give and take.

lol we just moved to Wisconsin from Arkansas.. and I'm in the desert for Our first winter. The cold is going to be one big shock to my system next winter lol.:fro:

At least it doesn't rain all winter here, but you have crabbing. there is always a give and take.

doesn't really rain all winter, we just tell everyone that so they stay away. but hey, rain just washes away, snow piles up all winter long.

Crabbing is great! Plus we have the mountains when we want that taste of snow.

I have cousins around Portland and northern California. The family left the farm in the early 60's. Cousin from the other side of the family retired from teaching in Sitka. Often described ice fishing for king crab, yum, and carrying a double .375 on class science excursions on the coast.

Good to see another brewer from WI rjolin01! I am new to the forum as well currently in the Fox Valley area (Appleton, WI).

Theres a great Ale Fest here June 27th. www.appletonalefest.com

If you plan on going, PM me and we can sample a few brews together!

damn.. thats the day after I have to come back to the UAE. I need to contact them and ask them to have it the week prior lol.

Good to see another brewer from WI rjolin01! I am new to the forum as well currently in the Fox Valley area (Appleton, WI).

Theres a great Ale Fest here June 27th. www.appletonalefest.com

If you plan on going, PM me and we can sample a few brews together!

There is a beer fest up in Eagle River June 13th. Unfortunately my wife is standing up in a wedding that day.

There is a beer fest up in Eagle River June 13th. Unfortunately my wife is standing up in a wedding that day.

I'm going to miss it (again). For the last two years, it's been the same weekend as the National Homebrew Conference. Before that, I went. It's great fun, with great beer.

We stayed in our camper one time (it's at a campground) but since it's local the last few times I had a family member who doesn't drink be our DD.

If anybody does get to ER, make sure to stop in to Tribute Brewing and say "hi" to Bill and drink some of their awesome beer.

I seen the tribute growlers at Trigs Grocery and just recently realized it was a ER brewery. Wasn't sure how if worth trying due to the $5 deposit required.

I wish there was a LHBS closer than Wausau also. Bull Falls Home Brew Store is ok, and the owner is very knowledgeable (almost to point of egotistical) but I don't wanna drive an hour each way.

Dang! All you Wisconsinites are making this native Wisconsinite jealous! Before the real estate market went down the toilet, we were going to retire and move back to our home state and get the H$&& out of Illinois. Well, we DID retire! Fortunately, we live only about 17 miles south of the state line.

So, Wisconsinites...Brew On!

glenn514:mug:

Back