Yeast floating around the bottom post ferm

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acyr90

Reaction score
Doing my first batch in glass rather than a bucket so I can actually see what's going on and it has me stuck in a rut because the yeast isn't falling out of suspension completely. This pic is after 2 days of cold crashing. Seem normal? I was hoping to have bottled by now but I want everything to settle down first.

US-05 fermented for 2 weeks at around 65 degrees

ForumRunner_20131026_152942.jpg

You are right is is still very cloudy. You cold crash at what temperature?

Also, it takes sometimes more than 2 weeks in primary to clear a beer. You should try transfering to secondary for another week or two.

Looks pretty cloudy for two days of crashing.

However, not totally surprised after a 2-week primary.

If you want clarity, I think it's going to take a couple more weeks on that primary, or transfer to secondary.

Much of the cloudyness is an illusion because the carboy is frosty. I'm more concerned about the stuff floating around near the bottom that isn't falling out of suspension

Let it warm back up to fermentation temperature. Let it sit for another week and the yeast will probably settle to the bottom.

Latest posts

Back