Yard Sale Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

I bought a used kegerator at a yard sale today and I'm not really sure what else I need before I can put beer in it. I know I need a keg, and according to the little bit of research I have done, I think I might need some kind of gas line too.

Here are all the pictures of the kegerator and everything that came with it. If anyone could point me in the right direction for what I need to buy and do to start kegging my beer, I would really appreciate it. I am quite new to brewing and have no experience with kegging, so I apologize if these are seemingly stupid questions.

Photos:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B50rtMzFTWe1clBabXNiMkdxZ0U&usp=sharing

You're going to need a CO2 tank and regulator, that holster on the back is meant to hold a 5# tank. You will need a length of gas line to go from the regulator to the coupler inside the kegerator. You should definitely replace the beer line; it is most likely 3/16" or 1/4" but the old hose might have that stamped on it. And you'll need a sanke coupler; that's the piece that allows CO2 in and beer out, it fits into the top of the keg.

Then you need a mess of brewery stickers to slap all over it :)

good luck!

Awesome. Thank you for the information. I'll start shopping around for some equipment.

One other question. The tap seems frozen or impossible to pull. Is it possible that I'm doing something wrong or should I look into buying a new tap also?

Latest posts

Back