Y'all keeping talking - I'll stand over here in the corner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edward's Beer Cellar

Edward's Beer Cellar
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I'm supposed to say hi or something since I just signed up for an account. But that's not me. I'm pretty content to just read the forums regularly, but not ever too inclined to participate. Pretty much like in real life.

That said, I guess I should introduce myself.

I got into home brew about 2 years ago on the downhill side of my 60th birthday. Brewing has allowed me to engage my thrifty DIY nature as I have built, modified and re-purposed things I find in thrift shops and antique stores for my all-grain set-up. And brewing has been a great replacement for several other hobbies that I have had to place on hiatus due to a couple of work-related relocations. The combination of science and creativity has been most enjoyable and challenging.

Anyway, thanks for reading. Maybe I'll check in again some time.

I guess I'm supposed to say hi or something since I just signed up for an account. But that's not me. I'm pretty content to just read the forums regularly, but not ever too inclined to participate. Pretty much like in real life.

That said, I guess I should introduce myself.

I got into home brew about 2 years ago on the downhill side of my 60th birthday. Brewing has allowed me to engage my thrifty DIY nature as I have built, modified and re-purposed things I find in thrift shops and antique stores for my all-grain set-up. And brewing has been a great replacement for several other hobbies that I have had to place on hiatus due to a couple of work-related relocations. The combination of science and creativity has been most enjoyable and challenging.

Anyway, thanks for reading. Maybe I'll check in again some time.

Welcome!

Welcome to HomeBrewTalk. There is no requirement that you post, but we welcome anyone who wants to participate. If you just want to read HBT, that's ok. If you ever have questions, feel free to ask them. Hopefully, you can learn a lot here to help you with your brewing.

I too didn't start brewing until after I retired.

Brew on :mug:

Welcome from Missouri. Participation is not mandatory. I don't post much either.

Another brewer that acquired the addiction after retirement. Brew on.

Participation by reading is what I did for a long while, and it's a great way to learn. Welcome to the obsession.

Latest posts

Back