Ya hey from Sheboygan, WI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phipcice

Reaction score
Hello from Sheboygan!! I bought my Dad a brewing kit and Brewers Best Falconers Flight Extra IPA for retirement. We brewed it up and it turned out incredible!! I attribute success to having an experienced brewer/co-worker with us while we followed the process. If you know anyone with experience I highly recommend asking them to supervise your first brew. Biggest takeaway from first brew? When in doubt - sanitize..

Enjoyed brewing with my Dad so much I went ahead and bought myself the same kit. Just transferred my first solo batch (Brewers Best - Imperial Pale Ale) to car-boy secondary for some clarification, plan to bottle next weekend. Hope to have a batch ready to celebrate another Packer Super Bowl win!!

Anyone have any thoughts on how/if bottle size impacts quality/taste of beer? Aging looking to bottle my first solo batch next weekend. Local brew shop has 12-16oz and 20-22oz bottles. I'm leaning towards the larger for no other reason than to simplify process..

Welcome and +1 to doing first brew with a mentor of sorts. I grew up in Neenah and Appleton but moved away long ago. The local Flying Saucer has a menu item called the Sheboygan Side-by-side. Couple brats on a bun with kraut. Hard to find good brats in Charlotte.

I haven't noticed any difference in bottle size for my beer. I use 500ml PET bottles, and 12oz and 22oz amber glass bottles. I only use a couple 12oz bottles for early sampling.

Welcome to the guy from "up der" by Sheboygan, dontchaknow! From a former Milwaukee fellow who grew up when there were FOUR breweries going full-tilt!

glenn514:mug:

Welcome to HBT. Da bigger da jug, da longer dae last:drunk: and it take less time bottling too. Hi from the UP. I'll be down that way in 2weeks, we always stop at "Judy's" for a bite to eat as we pass Sheboygan to Norther brew. Or in this case to the airport. Punta Cana look out!:ban: :mug:

I'll be down that way in 2weeks, we always stop at "Judy's" for a bite to eat as we pass Sheboygan to Norther brew. Or in this case to the airport. Punta Cana look out!:ban: :mug:

BOBrob, Judy's is closed! Well they actually moved to Oostburg.

Welcome aboard Phipcice from a fellow SheVegas resident. Once you're hooked on this hobby...you're hooked. Good luck!

Hey dere from Madison. Enjoy the hobby! I wish my Dad had any interest in brewing (or consuming for that matter). :mug:

Welcome from down by Kenosha.
Should be up your way a couple time to hit Road A this summer, both racing and spectating. :mug:

Latest posts

Back