Wyeast strain profiles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdanderson1449

Reaction score
So, I've been trolling the web for a few days trying to find profiles for different yeast strains, specifically from Wyeast and stumbled across a pdf somewhere in google-land and thought I'd leave it here.

Don't know how many of you knew this was in the world but I know it'll help me with developing recipes in the future and now I won't have to scratch my head bald trying to find them all in one place again.

https://cdn.shopify.com/…/2142/files/Yeast_Substitutions.pdf

If you read down the list in my original link, it does describe the profile of each of the Wyeast strains listed. You have to read beyond the chart. The Wyeast website is a little less helpful but is still good at giving a general idea. The Mr. Malty page is great too but I was really looking for a finished flavor/ nose profile that the yeast added rather than a substitution.

The link in your original post is broken, but I've posted a fixed link in my previous reply. HTH!

Thanks for fixing the link. Like I said, the information is helpful. I spent days trying to find ANY information about yeast but most of my google searches yielded results that were basically useless for my application i.e., I don't care about nutritional yeast.

That being said, all of the links that have been posted in a reply to my original post have been helpful. Thanks folks.

Back