Wyeast 3944

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrewf1985

Reaction score
Afternoon, first post, here we go.

I've just made a Belgian wit that is happily bubbling away and smelling good. I've not had much luck with bottle conditioning with the Belgian strains. Was wondering how others may have got on using it or whether a priming strain like F2 was required to get a decent carbonation? OG was about 1.046 so its not like its going through hell and back.

Thoughts, advice and anything else helpful would be great

Thanks

it should prime without issues, give your bottles 2 weeks at 70f with the proper amount of priming sugar they will be fine.

Cheers guy. I know its all relative to temperature + time. Still waiting for the thing to finish primary. Looked to be settling down + then theres fresh krausen on it this morning

Small update, moved into my bottling bucket today, took the reading and its sitting at 1.003SG. Had to double take as i've never had a beer that low. Doesnt smell or taste infected so fingers crossed. Will bottle in the week, time and a bit of research will tell i think

Latest posts

Back