Wyeast 1469 West Yorkshire in a NEIPA?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artichoke

Check out my blog; www.tophamroadbrewing.com
Reaction score
Has anyone tried this, and if so how did it turn out? I have a large healthy slurry of Wyeast 1469 and am also a big fan of hazy New England style IPA's. I was wondering if 1469 works well for this style given that it seems that most NEIPA yeast strains are from the UK, and, because 1469 is totally awesome :->

- Artichoke.

Following. I’m curious about this as well. It seems like it could work well.

Has anyone tried this, and if so how did it turn out? I have a large healthy slurry of Wyeast 1469 and am also a big fan of hazy New England style IPA's. I was wondering if 1469 works well for this style given that it seems that most NEIPA yeast strains are from the UK, and, because 1469 is totally awesome :->
- Artichoke.
I'd you like 1469 use it. I don't know if it'll make a textbook NEIPA, but you'll get a good beer.

Great yeast. Has nice stone fruit esters. Zero reason why you could t use it and make good beer.

In my experience this yeast mutes the hops but makes an excellent beer. Love the esters. Only made several APAs w it. Never an ipa. With big wpool addition it might be really nice. My guess is it will overall seem less hoppy than expected.

Used it in an amber IPA and it came out very nice, good malt-hop balance.

Latest posts

Back