WTF is Up w/ Farve?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He could come play for the Lions. We are used to QB controversy. He can come see what it's like to play for a team whose fans aren't afraid to let you have it when you stink. In fact, we could trade our president, Matt Millen to BG in exchange!

Fire Millen!

Well at least we got some closure to the circus. Will ESPN relax now after a couple of days with the 24x7 Brett show??

So far I've heard:

J.E.T.S - Brett Brett Brett!
Jet Favre.

:cross:

You know, I was kinda hoping that the Pack would keep Favre in camp, "competing" for the starting job, until the very last cuts before the regular season. Let him go right before the regular season, so that he's completely scrambling to catch up before the season begins wherever he landed. As it stands, he's going to be way behind in learning the Jets' plays, which means Favre doing even MORE improvisation, meaning that the over/under on his interceptions this year ought to be what, 35?

Bird - based on the trade negotiations I guess I got to still root for him so the Jets get to the playoffs. The better they do the higher we get back in a draft pick.

Warped04 - I could imagine something even worse though. Brett is back, plays one year and goes back to '05 form then retires. Or even worse, plays good enough; they end at 10-6 and he retires again (or waffles again) giving them notta for 1st round draft potential for another QB.

Either way Rodgers is so peeved that there is not a chance in hell that he resigns with the Packers and then they got no QB answer in 2010 and we never saw him play. Yep, could be the next Leaf or the next Favre. I suspect somewhere in between.

I totally agree with GB management and I'm a lifer GB fan.

Well, if anything I think GB showed Rodgers than they believe in him and want him to be QB of the future. Had they let Favre come back and asked Rodgers to carry the clipboard for another season, he's absolutely gone. But, the team went to bat for him and said "this is our guy, it's more important to our franchise's long-term health for him to play than to give Favre another moment of glory".

Thing is, you KNOW GB fans will be comparing the two and railing on him the first time he throws two picks in a loss and the Jets happen to win. If Rodgers walks, it'll be because he can't or doesn't want to live up to the pressure of replacing a legend, not because of how management treated him.

Of coarse they are going to back Rodgers....Thompson wanted Farve gone years ago. The Packers would never "belong" to Ted Thompson until Farve was gone.

It is funny that he is traded to a team that they don't have to play this year...hmmm is Teddy a little worried???

Well, YEAH. You always trade out of your division if you can. I think they recognize that Favre's the better QB *this* year - but they're looking out three or four years, when you would expect that Favre's finally retired.

You never see the Yankees and Red Sox making trades, do you?

Not since the dumb one in 1919...:D

BabeRuth.jpg

(although he wasn't technically traded)

I just think it's wierd, that if Rodger's isn't the next best thing since sliced bread then the Packers are re-building. If he's great, then his contract is up in 2 years (I think), and they have to take on his contract as "the next best thing since sliced bread" or rebuild. Farve *could* have played for 2 more years. I would have let him play again, see what happens to Rodgers and rebuild after Farve left again.

Well, YEAH. You always trade out of your division if you can. I think they recognize that Favre's the better QB *this* year - but they're looking out three or four years, when you would expect that Favre's finally retired.

But do you always put in measures to prevent the acquiring team from trading the acquired player???

The Pack is a very good team with or without Favre so I'd hardly call it rebuilding. I expect to see a rookie Rothlesberger style offense this year with a bit more passing. Do enough but you don't need to carry the load on your shoulders.

We will definitely see if Rodgers is worth keeping this year. Can't blame a lack of receiving core with all the weapons he gets to pass to but he'll have growing pains. Wait to reserve judgement until mid-season. If he sucks he'll be 2nd string the following year and would have zero leverage for a new high paying contract with any other team either and he would have written his own NFL future. If he does well the Pack has plenty of cap room to pay him well to retain him.

Let the Jets play the "maybe I'll retire" game next February so they don't know what to do in the draft. Packer fans; are you a packer fan or a favre fan!! Pack 1st for me please.

Since I'm a Pats fan, I'll say that the prospect of the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS releasing Pennington has me happy. I'd love to see him as the backup for Brady; he's been underrated pretty much since day 1 (even though I think I've got a stronger arm than he does). He'd significantly improve our backup QB spot.

Since I'm a Pats fan, I'll say that the prospect of the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS releasing Pennington has me happy. I'd love to see him as the backup for Brady; he's been underrated pretty much since day 1 (even though I think I've got a stronger arm than he does). He'd significantly improve our backup QB spot.

I can't wait to see the pats play in 2 hours!!!!!!

Back