• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB 5-10 gallon Lauter Tun (Upstate NY)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ApothecaryBrewing

Reaction score
I live around Rochester NY. I am looking for a cheap cooler I can convert into a lauter tun or an already converted cooler. I currently am stuck putting my runnings into a spare fermenter while my sparge water heats in my kettle.

Let me know what is out there. If you are close, I can drive, if you are far we can talk about shipping!

I have a can shaped insulated cooler that is drilled for a bulkhead. I'd have to measure it again, but I think it was 7 or 8 gallons. I'm up in Irondequoit if you're interested. $20.
-Walter
China_can_shaped_cooler20114171628111.jpg

That sounds perfect! Do you know if it holds temp well? Is it food grade and able to withstand near boiling water?

From what i can find online of coolers that look exactly like that, it says it only holds 5 gallons. You have it so I trust what you say, but 5 gallons would be about the minimum volume i need

Inside dimensions are 10.5" diameter x 18" deep, so it's just shy of 7 gallons. I used it to hold hot water while sparging and it held temp pretty good.

Are you part of UNYHA? I am joining this month and if you want, we can make the exchange there next week. If not I am on the border of irondequoit and rochester so I doubt meeting up will be an issue.

Awesome! Cant wait for my first meeting. Bringing a brown ale i brewed recently that turned into more of a porter. See you there.

Latest posts

Back