• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: 1/2bbl Kegs or Keggles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive got one keg with the top cut off already, no valves or anything. I work on the north side of indy at 86th and michigan rd. But thats still a good distance from you.

One you build yours, will you build mine?

Thanks,

Josh

P.s. Glad to see you on here!!

Indy isn't too far, actually easier to pickup there than Chicago since I go to Indy several times a year.

Hey Josh, can do. PM'd ya.

One you build yours, will you build mine?

Thanks,

Josh

P.s. Glad to see you on here!!

Did you miss a ? in there.....if you did yes i built mine, i pretty sure there are some pics of mine in my gallery. Pretty standard keggle setup.

Dan,

PM sent

Not to hijack your thread but I too am searching for kegs to turn into keggles and I'm located in lafayette. I'll see if I can rangle up more than 3, being close to Purdue kegs tend to pop up here and there mysteriously

The key to finding kegs is craigslist. If you live near a college even better. Just post a "wtb old beer kegs. Will pay $30" Depends on you view and ethics, but you will get tons of emails.

People that lose the paperwork or wait too long to return the kegs will be refused their deposit and forced to keep the keg. They can't do anything with it. So depending on your ethics, there are kegs on Craigslist.

The key to finding kegs is craigslist. If you live near a college even better. Just post a "wtb old beer kegs. Will pay $30" Depends on you view and ethics, but you will get tons of emails.

People that lose the paperwork or wait too long to return the kegs will be refused their deposit and forced to keep the keg. They can't do anything with it. So depending on your ethics, there are kegs on Craigslist.

Good point, CL ad posted, I'll let you guys know if I get enough hits to start "sharing the wealth"

I just got a guy that asked if I want 2. I have 3 of my own. I'm just north of chicago. Let me know of you want them

That'd be awesome but chicago is like a 4hr drive from here, and imagine the shipping price of that lol

Near college town and I'm was able to snag 2. I'll keep the CL ad up and see if I can nab another 2 or so just in case a HBT member around here needs one in the future

I saw ur ad on cl and I posted one with the same pic in the indy cl I live in kokomo so if u get more just lemme kno im in need lol

Update: I have 2 now and I'm about to acquire two more. I had someone contact me regarding a sixtel (sixth barrel) and since I don't use sankey for kegging I'm debating on picking it up or not. The guy said it was originally used for wine. Think someone on HBT would want it?

Also, I can continue acquiring kegs for HBT members if you guys are still in need. Just let me know

I found several VERY quickly by calling scrap metal yards. I live in the chicago burbs and I'd imagine you could find 'em at most any scrap yard that accepts them. Call around. I had zero luck calling liquor stores and beer distributors. Just my 2 cents. Hope this helps someone:ban:

oooo dancing banana

KuntzBrewing said:
Where are you at? I'm offering $40 if your near kokomo/lafayette/indy

Kuntz,

I haven't heard back from you, and I tried to send you my number but your PM box is full. If I don't hear from you before 5 pm today, I am going to assume that you are no longer interested.

Back