would you plant this ryzome (help needed)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yewtah-brewha

Reaction score
So last year this cascade had a hard time taking off i think It was the soil, so My plan was to remove it from the bucket and re-plant, but I have no idea where the shoots are vs the roots can some one tell me if this has shoots or if its worth planting, I have labeled these a,b,c,d,e,f, any help is greatly appreciated.

hop-rhyzome.jpg

Put the whole thing in a pot of soil. Keep moist and transplant after it establishes growth. Looks like it will grow.

Help needed/ Update I planted the root into some soil and its been very wet here in Utah, so I dug it up today to see what if any life had transpired, The only change for the better is what dtgrdn comented on saying that C might be a shoot, I took a pic today and would like some comments on if you think it is a shoot or not, any help is greatly appreciated,

hop-rhyzome5-10.jpg

Help needed/ Update I planted the root into some soil and its been very wet here in Utah, so I dug it up today to see what if any life had transpired, The only change for the better is what dtgrdn comented on saying that C might be a shoot, I took a pic today and would like some comments on if you think it is a shoot or not, any help is greatly appreciated,

What part of Utah? I am in the slc area....We have gotten a lot of rain lately. My plants have had no issues. I would say to stop digging it up unless your plants were in a puddle. And if that was the case you need to look for a better placement for your plant.

No puddle good drainage here, as far as why I dug it up was because i was told to put in soil and see where and when the shoot comes and make sure its pointing up! It was pointing to the side so i'm glad I pulled it from the soil.

As far as the don't have children, not sure who that comment was for, but I see this as a learning forum and no comment like that should be posted for any reason.

no one has answered the question so I will assume no one knows the answer and call this a dead question,

I can add that the hop plant is very hardy. It grows very well. Like what has said before, I have thrown my cutting in the dirt pile and they take off. Deer don't seen to like them. The only thing that they don't handle is weed killers.

Back