would you drink it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frostbrewer

Reaction score
I have been getting so much hell from my family and friends about this and wanted some hbt input.

I bought some used corny kegs from a fellow. User czm to be precise.

Well there was some beer left in the kegs. I go to dumping them via picnic tap and co2 transfer and notice that the beer was still carbed and smelled delicious.

So I decided to taste it. Again, delicious beer.

So now here I am serving his beer from my keezer, but everyone is super Leary of drinking this stuff.

Am I wrong here? Once its alcohol its a pretty sterile environment yes? If it was bad it would just taste bad right?

By the way its a good 6-8 gallons worth of beer.

Has anyone else run into this?

I would give it a try as well! (free brew - :ban: ) Since it was sealed and carb'd I would think nothing terrible could happen and if it did I would think it would be immediately obvious.

You could always msg the user and ask whats up with the leftover suds.

I would give it a try as well! (free brew - :ban: ) Since it was sealed and carb'd I would think nothing terrible could happen and if it did I would think it would be immediately obvious.

You could always msg the user and ask whats up with the leftover suds.

I actually did just that and while I didn't necessarily get into the in and outs of his brewing process I did get a sense that he knew what he was doing.

I darn near entered some of it into the local beer competition for him, lol. Missed the deadline sadly

There is no way for you to know if that stuff is safe to drink, even if it tastes "fine".

You really should send it to my house for proper disposal. I wont' even charge you for the service. That's how much of a swell guy I am.

Back