Wort Chiller for 15 Gallon Megapot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nykevins

Reaction score
Hey All-

I have been doing my best to search past posts and scour the web looking for help on this so sorry if the answer exists and I didn't find it...

Been brewing all-grain for 2 years using a standard turkey fryer pot and making 5 gallon batches. Last December I upgraded to a 15 gallon mega pot with the hope of making 10 gallon batches. Well, long story short, I am making 5 gallon batches in a 15 gallon pot and my wort chiller that was used for the previous pot just isn't cutting it anymore.

I was thinking of taking 100Ft of 3/8in OD copper tubing and making a "rib-cage" design so I could fill the pot and cover most of the wort.

So my question really is, do you think the "rib-cage" design would be best for 5 gallon batches and could also be used for 10 gallon batches? If so, does anyone have a design using a 15 gallon pot.

Appreciate all the responses....

-Kevin

Back