Wort Chiller and CPVC Manifold

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brettwasbtd

Awesomeness Award Winnner
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am getting all of my AG equipment ready as I prepare to brew my first AG batch here soon. Below is my wort chiller (first time soldering!) and Manifold. The chiller is rough 35' long. Based it off of Bobby's video (Thanks Bobby!), but didn't' feel like using all of the 50' of tubing I had as I feel this will be sufficient enough. Used a 9" diameter roll of fencing that I had lying around! Soldered the hose fittings right onto the copper - No Leaks :ban:

I do have some concern that some of my slits in the manifold may be to large, especially around the 3 inch mark there? Looking for some advice here, I guess the first brewday will tell if no one can from my crummy pictures...

Wort Chiller -
wortchiller1.jpg

Solder of an elbow -
solder.jpg

Manifold -
manifold.jpg

Slits -
slits2.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Nice job on both the chiller and the manifold. I wouldn't worry about the slit being too big. The grain bed is so irregular it will prevent many grains from entering the slit. Just make sure you do a good job when you vorluaf to ensure you don't have grains in the runnings.

just wanted to update for any interested in using a dremel for your cpvc manifold slits. I have not had a problem using this manifold through 6 batches. Usually open up my ball valve full force and have clear runnings before getting a full 2 quarts!

I am getting all of my AG equipment ready as I prepare to brew my first AG batch here soon. Below is my wort chiller (first time soldering!) and Manifold. The chiller is rough 35' long. Based it off of Bobby's video (Thanks Bobby!), but didn't' feel like using all of the 50' of tubing I had as I feel this will be sufficient enough. Used a 9" diameter roll of fencing that I had lying around! Soldered the hose fittings right onto the copper - No Leaks :ban:

I do have some concern that some of my slits in the manifold may be to large, especially around the 3 inch mark there? Looking for some advice here, I guess the first brewday will tell if no one can from my crummy pictures...

Wort Chiller -
wortchiller1.jpg

Solder of an elbow -
solder.jpg

Manifold -
manifold.jpg

Slits -
slits2.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Can't edit the first post, but I got rid of the domain hosting the original pics so needed to update

Back