Worst Movies?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hemidoc

Reaction score
Worst movies you've wasted your life watching.
List them please. Maybe give a redeeming quality if they have one.
Just watched Snowpiercer. The whole Idea of the last of humanity stuck on a train going though a frozen wasteland just seemed odd to me. What happened to the tropics? What happened to the other 6+ billion people?
I found the disparity in living conditions between the tail and front of the train a telling reflection of society.
Chud and The Borrower are two of my all time lows.

Are we talking ones that were so bad they were great, or terrible movies?

Rubber was absolutely terrible because it tried.

If you want a good one to watch with friends, laugh at, and drink to, anything Nicolas Cage. I suggest Wickerman or Vampire's Kiss.

Worst movies you've wasted your life watching.
List them please. Maybe give a redeeming quality if they have one.
Just watched Snowpiercer. The whole Idea of the last of humanity stuck on a train going though a frozen wasteland just seemed odd to me. What happened to the tropics? What happened to the other 6+ billion people?
I found the disparity in living conditions between the tail and front of the train a telling reflection of society.
Chud and The Borrower are two of my all time lows.

The world froze over when scientists released something to the environment to counter global warming and it went terribly wrong. Everybody died/froze, except for the people on the train. I think you have to accept this story as symbolic; it's technically and cinematically ridiculous on all sorts of levels. I didn't hate it though.

Yea, N. Cage is an awful actor. But in the right role (Kick-Ass) he's alright. Same for Keanu Reeves - guy can kill a movie with his complete lack of talent / personality.

Battle Los Angeles
Dragon Day
Peter Jackson's version(s) of The Hobbit. ("Hey Pete, QUIT MAKING $HIT UP!")
Killer Clowns From Outer Space
28 Weeks Later
The Dead
The Monster That Challenged The World
Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things
Battlefield Earth

Nobody mentioned "Escape from LA?"

That horrible travesty soiled the memory of Escape from New York.

A Walk in the Clouds
Horse Whisperer
Sharknado 2: The Second One
Ultraviolet
Dinner for Schmucks
Anything with Adam Sandler in it except 50 First Dates or Happy Gilmore

I'd have to say it's not so much the ROLE for Nic Cage, it's the DIRECTOR.

Mike Figgis (Leaving Las Vegas), the Coen Brothers (Raising Arizona), Alan Parker (Birdy), Martin Scorsese (Bringing out the Dead) and David Lynch (Wild at Heart) have gotten excellent performances out of him.

Check out a movie he did last year with John Cusack called Frozen Ground. very good movie, Cusack and Cage are both very good.

I'm not even going to bother finding out who directed him in crap like Wicker Man, Sorcerer's Apprentice or Kiss of Death.

and I nominate TROLL 2 for worst movie ever made.

watch the trailer

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KCct4RwLNM[/ame]

I rest my case

"What Dreams May Come", with Robin Williams. While it was beautiful in scenery, and the book was great, the movie sucked. I didn't make it all the way through.

I haven't seen a movie in years, though, so I don't know about any newer ones that suck. :D

The Master

Starring Philip Seymour Hoffman, Amy Adams, etc. (I am not that big of a Joaquin Phoenix fan) it had to be good, right? A respected critic gave it a good review.

I wanted to say Dumb and Dumber but it was a way better movie than this one.

I don't disagree but I have to ask: did you go to see Sharknado 2 with high expectations?

I don't think anybody "went to see it," did they? Wasn't it direct-to-TV? I taped it when it was on the SyFi channel earlier this year, and no, I had pretty low expectations. Those expectations were challenged when Tara Reid had her hand bitten off by a shark THAT ATTACKED AND INVADED AN AIRLINER IN MID-FLIGHT. I powered through (had nothing better to do that afternoon), and it was terrible.

Aaron Slick from Punkin' Crick = worst movie of all time. When I was a kid my older brother tricked me into watching it by telling me it was really good but sucked in the beginning. The only good part was when it said The End.

I'd have to say it's not so much the ROLE for Nic Cage, it's the DIRECTOR.

Mike Figgis (Leaving Las Vegas), the Coen Brothers (Raising Arizona), Alan Parker (Birdy), Martin Scorsese (Bringing out the Dead) and David Lynch (Wild at Heart) have gotten excellent performances out of him.

Check out a movie he did last year with John Cusack called Frozen Ground. very good movie, Cusack and Cage are both very good.

I'm not even going to bother finding out who directed him in crap like Wicker Man, Sorcerer's Apprentice or Kiss of Death.

You forgot Valley Girl, a classic.

I agree, direction has a LOT to do with it.

Bunraku was painful, and I love almost anything Ron Pearlman.

any movie on the lifetime network..... ahh hate all of them with a passion!

if my wife gets home before me and she's watching that network than can be mention, she say's "just 5 more minutes, i need to know whats happens next" and then i explain to her the whole plot of the movie by just reading the title.

any movie on the lifetime network..... ahh hate all of them with a passion!

if my wife gets home before me and she's watching that network than can be mention, she say's "just 5 more minutes, i need to know whats happens next" and then i explain to her the whole plot of the movie by just reading the title.

Hulk SMASH!

I just watched The Purge. WTF, really?

Then, because I'm a glutton for pain, I watched the second one. Wow, it managed to be worse.

Those Twilight movies are awful. My wife conned me into watching them with her. 2 hours of teenagers staring longingly at one another. Yay.

Any of those spoof movies like Scary Movie 1 - ???, Epic Movie, This Is Sparta, etc... I get that they are spoofs and are supposed to be dumb but they don't even try. Go watch a few Mel Brooks movies and get back to me.

Anything that ends with ...of the dead... and doesn't start with Night. Exceot Shaun of the Dead. That movie was hilarious.

Oh, and World War Z. Bleh.

I didn't hate The Purge, but I definitely enjoyed going to see it.

Was our first time @ Alamo Drafthouse. So awesome to kick back and enjoy a movie at the theater while downing a couple pints of local craft beer and no one talking or texting

As was Battleship, THE GAME.

This one??

ed9a95837b4a7aeff2a38e21cecb94f6.jpg

Even though it had the best beer glass ever:
The Saddest Music in the World
hero_EB20040514REVIEWS405140303AR.jpg

Other movies I've rated 1 star on Netflix:
All Ladies Do It (1992) (Così fan tutte)
Always (1985)
Caddyshack 2 (1988)
The Core (2003)
The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas (2000)
Gundam: The Movie: Miller's Report (1996)
Gymkata (1985)
It's a Boy Girl Thing (2006)
License to Wed (2007)
Lost in America (1985)
Mission: Impossible II (2000)
Mommie Dearest (1981)
Moscow on the Hudson (1984)
The Net (1995)
The Other Side of Midnight (1977) (though my friend was an extra)
Perfect (1985)
Pokémon: The Movie 2000 (2000) (though I got a Mew Two card)
Popeye (1980)
Shame (2011)
Sideways (2004)
St. Elmo's Fire (1985)
This Is the End (2013)
Three Men and a Baby (1987)
What About Bob? (1991)
You've Got Mail (1998)

The one where North America freezes and Jake Gylenhaal takes refuge in a library while his father walks from Washington, D.C. to New York to save him even though it was too cold for vehicles. And there are wolves for some reason. Whatever it was called, it was the dumbest piece of schlock I've ever seen.

Land of the Dead
Transformers (I think I just have an intense hatred for Shia LaBeouf. I just skipped from one CGI scene to the next)
Grown Ups 1 & 2
Daredevil

What's the one where K Costner plays a pitcher going for a no hitter? You think it's going to be a baseball movie but no, it's a sappy chick-flick through and through.

I might catch some flak for this, but I hated Das Boot. 6 hours of old, boring movie only to have such an awful ending! I was going to say it but I couldn't get the spoiler tags to work and didn't want to ruin it for anyone who might actually want to endure this masterpiece...

I was so mad. I was home sick that day and had nothing better to do, otherwise I may have invested in some of those personal time travel devices to try and get my time back. At least it would have been entertaining.

I might catch some flak for this, but I hated Das Boot. 6 hours of old, boring movie only to have such an awful ending! I was going to say it but I couldn't get the spoiler tags to work and didn't want to ruin it for anyone who might actually want to endure this masterpiece...

I was so mad. I was home sick that day and had nothing better to do, otherwise I may have invested in some of those personal time travel devices to try and get my time back. At least it would have been entertaining.

Das Boot was such a great movie! I have only ever watched it in German with subtitles. Maybe that was the difference?

Man, some people on here have no concept of how awful some movies truly can be.

We are talking COSMOS: War of the Planets, or Manos: Hands of Fate level bad! Das Boot would sweep the awards categories compared to the utter crap that is those movies!

I vaguely remembered a movie from childhood the other week and I thought to myself 'I need to watch this again' so I obtained a copy of it.

Oh Heavenly Dog! starring Chevy Chase (voicing the dog).

Chevy gets killed and comes back as a dog and goes around trying to track down his murderer.

This was wayyyy worse than 6 year old me remembered it.

I made it in about 10 minutes before I fast-forwarded through it and watched a minute or two here and there and then made it to the ending.

I'll spare you the trouble of actually watching it. The ending: Chevy Chase has a love interest in the beginning of the movie, who is also killed. She comes back as a cat in the end and they are 'in love' as dog and cat. This is disturbing and also an awful payoff for watching this wretched movie.

I vaguely remembered a movie from childhood the other week and I thought to myself 'I need to watch this again' so I obtained a copy of it.

Oh Heavenly Dog! starring Chevy Chase (voicing the dog).

Chevy gets killed and comes back as a dog and goes around trying to track down his murderer.

This was wayyyy worse than 6 year old me remembered it.

I made it in about 10 minutes before I fast-forwarded through it and watched a minute or two here and there and then made it to the ending.

I'll spare you the trouble of actually watching it. The ending: Chevy Chase has a love interest in the beginning of the movie, who is also killed. She comes back as a cat in the end and they are 'in love' as dog and cat. This is disturbing and also an awful payoff for watching this wretched movie.

slight redeeming factor: Jane Seymour in her prime

FYI I started watching Rubber last night on netflix. I think my daughter watched it this past weekend. I'd heard bad things about it, so I had to check it out. I got about as far as when it started finding out about it's psychic powers before I turned it off for "sexy time".

Still, it wasn't so bad that I won't go back and try to finish it...

The movie, I mean.

Back