Worst fruits to make wine?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canerak

Reaction score
Which fruits take forever to ferment? In my experience cranberry, mulberry and cherry. i dont know why but they are fermenting very slow.what's your opinion?

I probably will never make a Durian fruit wine... the reason some fruits and berries take so long to ferment is a high acid content, low sugar content, and not making sure they're ready to ferment. A little bit overripe is best for some fruits and berries, when they start converting themselves into more sugar.

I’m a beginner. Made wine from wild mustang grapes. Turned out pretty good. Received a lot of compliments from my test subjects. I want to make some watermelon wine. Need some instruction as to what’s different.

Worst fruit? Watermelon - because the flavor is so thin and it is likely to oxidize and/or spoil before the lag time for the yeast has ended. To even think about making watermelon wine you need to have a very large yeast starter very actively fermenting before you even cut the melon.

Back