Working side by side not cool enough..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Draught

Reaction score
GE side by side kegerator conversion. Freezer stays in single digits while fresh food (beer) side cools to 37 which is normal operation. Both controls are set to max cold.

I really would like the fridge side to be 33-34 for my beer.

How is this best accomplished?

Hm that's interesting, every side-by-side conversion I've seen has the freezer compartment acting as the kegerator component, while the fridge side would act as your fermentation chamber. Thus, the freezer side is set to 35-40°F, and the fridge side would be ~60-70°F.

If you're just using the fridge side as a fridge (i.e. for your kegs), then I wouldn't think any modification is necessary. I know opinions are like butt holes in that everyone has one, and you always think everyone else's stinks, but IMO 33°F would be too cold for beer to be served. You'd have to do some pretty serious rewiring to bypass the internal thermostat.

If you're already getting it to 37°, I don't think you'll notice a 2-3°F difference enough to warrant having to go through all of that.

Back