Working on new Logo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old or New

• Total voters

MX1

Texas Ale Works
Reaction score
NEW:
TAW2018.png

OLD:

LogoColorV2png.png

Excellent work! Love the concept. I am in similar position, trying to come up with some concept for a bottle logo for Contributing Factor Brewing.

Excellent work! Love the concept. I am in similar position, trying to come up with some concept for a bottle logo for Contributing Factor Brewing.
Need any help?
I work in printing, but I'm not a Graphic designer. I love to design logos and labels for my own brews. I'm thinking of contacting a new brewery being built and an 3+ year old brewery near me with the most horrendous can labels EVER!

Need any help?
I work in printing, but I'm not a Graphic designer. I love to design logos and labels for my own brews. I'm thinking of contacting a new brewery being built and an 3+ year old brewery near me with the most horrendous can labels EVER!

Hope those breweries don't see this, they may like their labels.

I like the new one, the 90 degree angel with the tap handle and border of the text catches my eye. On the old one the slightly tipped glass triggers me for some reason. I do like the 'Murica aesthetic of the old one though, just think the new one is more clean IMHO.

LOL! I've told them...repeatedly. Bad branding is almost as bad as lousy beer!

I know that, and I hope you have a friendly relationship with them.

It may just be in the wording of your reply, but if you came to me trying to get work on my logo telling me how bad mine was, I might think about it and agree. But if that is the approach I would take my business elsewhere. Possibly even if you are offering it for free.

The old logo. Visually, it's more compact, which makes it easier to read and interpret at any scale. I find the stretched out logos tend to disappear when viewed at a distance or when printed really small.

The tap graphic is cool, but I would consider overlaying it on something like a beer glass or keg, for a couple reasons. First, the keg or beer glass is instantly recognizable to all for what it is. Second, it would make the new logo more compact. I'd then stack your text above, below or around the image for the same reason.

Last edited:
I would emphasize the logo, which embodies Texas... bring the star very large and overlay text inside the logo. Shape would be easily recognizable from a distance and would emulate your brand (Texas)

Latest posts

Back