Working help to mh1210a

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey

Just got my mh1210a termostat home, but have many troubles with wiring, have watched videos and diagrams but still I'm lost, can someone help me with a step to step for stupid people?

A few questions: How are you planning to use it? Are you building an external controller and planning to plug in a refrigerator or freezer? Is Denmark a 120v or a 240v power grid and did you purchase the correct version of the controller?

Don't worry about the language barrier. Photos can truly speak a thousand words.

What specifically do you need help with on the MH1210?

Attached is a connection diagram, it's pretty straightforward. Wire the left side to a male plug, wire the right side to a female socket or outlet assembly.
Plug the male plug into a household power outlet, and plug the fridge or freezer into the socket or outlet assembly controlled by the MH1210.
Done.

The only thing I'm not sure of is whether your area uses three pronged outlets & plugs for appliances such as a fridge or freezer.
If they use twin pronged connections, omit the green safety ground wire...

fwiw, I've been running the Fahrenheit/120vac version of the MH1210 (the "F" model) on my keezer since December.
It works very well indeed for that purpose (I use a dual-stage Love TSS2 for my fermentation fridge)...

Cheers!

mh1210.jpg

new_keezer_62_sm.jpg

In Denmark we use both two and three plugs so no problem there, my problems are with the wiring (just reallised that my iPad have changed it to working when I made this tread.

I'm not sure, if we take the black wire it goes to 1 and the to 3 is that another wire that goes between 1 and 3?

Wow that one hell of a keezer! Looks really nice with the screen!

The power coming in goes to pin 1 (one side of the relay) and pin 3 (for the internal power supply needs). A separate black wire goes from pin 2 (the other side of the relay) to the outlet - this is the switched lead that will go to your appliance input...

Cheers!

attachment.php

News!! Now i got power to it! Whoop whoop, but I'm not sure about the power to the female because nothing happens when I plug my refrigerator to it (the light doesn't turn on) have I wired it right?

image.jpg

It looks like you've wired it correctly - if that nylon thingie is tying all the blue wire ends together, and the cord that's laying under its sibling is the feed to your socket.

So...You need to make sure you've turned on the fridge thermostat (set it to Max Cool) and then you need to program the controller. If you think you've already done that, plug a lamp into your socket and see if that works...

Cheers!

Back