Workable, reasonable amount of space between taps?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tobor_8thMan

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Whiteboard Taps.jpg

I have 3 whiteboard taps to mount in my keezer. What is a workable, reasonable amount of space between the taps without spacing too close and without spacing too far apart (and needing a huge drip tray).

What's reasonable for these types of taps? 5 inches on center?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I have 3, mounted on 3 1/2 in. centers over a 10 in. drip tray. The width of the handles you plan to use will have a lot to do with your spacing.

View attachment 597325

I have the same type of tap handles, and my faucets are spaced 3" on center. That's about as close as I'd want to go. I have flow-control faucets and 3" is about as close as I can do and still leave room to easily manipulate the flow control lever. So IMO 3" is the minimum. Even w/o the flow control, 3" is pretty close. With the whiteboard tap handles, I'd try to leave 1" between them.

Yeah I think planning to use those handles is going to dictate. Mine are 2.5", and I would have made them wider. I think what I did at the time was measure the black collars that came with the taps plus about a 1/4".

With those, I'd take your handle width and add about 1/2".

Back