Work in live event production?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyzippers

Reaction score
I was curious to know if anyone else on here works or used to work in the live event production industry. I happened to be watching AXS TV (I guess it's not available everywhere) and saw that they have a show on that is following Tait Stages. It's a pretty cool behind the scenes look at the production of the shows that they build and produce. Now, I've been out of the business for about 6 years and watching this show has made me want to get back into the business. But this time, I want to get into the vendor side of the industry instead of the local crew side. Anyone else have any fun experiences in this industry?

When I was in college I worked for the Associated Students Technical Services and we provided all of the audio/lighting for events. I loved it and decided that's what I wanted to do for a living.

Now I'm working for PSAV Presentation Services providing A/V for conferences. It's not as fun, but I still like it. Every now and then I get to run audio for shows and festivals and I have a blast.

I did it back when I lived in Texas for about 3 years. It was always long long work days but tons of fun. I loved it every time. My highlight had to be getting to watch Carlos Santana from stage right helping out his guitar tech.

MrNic said:
When I was in college I worked for the Associated Students Technical Services and we provided all of the audio/lighting for events. I loved it and decided that's what I wanted to do for a living.

Now I'm working for PSAV Presentation Services providing A/V for conferences. It's not as fun, but I still like it. Every now and then I get to run audio for shows and festivals and I have a blast.

Nice! At least you're still involved! I never did any corporate events. Unless you count being the A/V director at the Meeting center when I was in college. Festivals can be a blast for sure! I did two local fests that turned into really, really long days!

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
I did it back when I lived in Texas for about 3 years. It was always long long work days but tons of fun. I loved it every time. My highlight had to be getting to watch Carlos Santana from stage right helping out his guitar tech.

Dude! That is awesome! The coolest (and scariest) thing I ever worked was a Godsmack show where I got to meet (read: almost run over with a road case) Sully Erna! He was totally cool and was very apologetic for getting in my way. I felt like the biggest ass!

Nice! At least you're still involved! I never did any corporate events. Unless you count being the A/V director at the Meeting center when I was in college. Festivals can be a blast for sure! I did two local fests that turned into really, really long days!

The festivals I've been a part of I've been able to drink beer all day, so that was nice. I got to do two of my favorite things together!

MrNic said:
The festivals I've been a part of I've been able to drink beer all day, so that was nice. I got to do two of my favorite things together!

That could be dangerous for me! I'd be ok with a few during a middle day of a festival, but I was always at FOH or in Monitor world so I had to always be on my toes as it were. Definitely not on the last day or load out was a *****!!

That could be dangerous for me! I'd be ok with a few during a middle day of a festival, but I was always at FOH or in Monitor world so I had to always be on my toes as it were. Definitely not on the last day or load out was a *****!!

Same here. If I got cut for awhile yeah I would have a few but nothing crazy because breaking down would be hell

Latest posts

Back