women roll call

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geek_chaser

Reaction score
Hey ladies, or men whoes ladies brew with them. I'm just curious how many women brew. I have found some forums, but they were dated a couple years old. Just curious for an update, how many women besides myself are new to the brewing world?

I'm not a woman but I do know a lot of women that brew as well as more than several on this forum alone, one being a Mod as well. Every demo we do at our LHBS always has women in attendance, interested in getting into the hobby.

I also know of a local club that is only women!

This year's Homebrewer of the year also happens to be a woman!

Hey ladies, or men whoes ladies brew with them. I'm just curious how many women brew. I have found some forums, but they were dated a couple years old. Just curious for an update, how many women besides myself are new to the brewing world?

You should have created a poll.

Maybe I can play around and make one later. I would be interested to find out. It feels like this is supposed to be a mans world, but I'm seeing there's almost the same amount of women.

Maybe I can play around and make one later. I would be interested to find out. It feels like this is supposed to be a mans world, but I'm seeing there's almost the same amount of women.

While there are quite a few women around (more than you'd expect), it's a very small minority. Most homebrewers that I see and know are male.

There was a joke at the National Homebrew Conference played on me. A guy said he was looking for a buddy. I asked what he looked like. He responded, "Between 30 and 40, white guy, slightly overweight, with some facial hair". I looked up, and there were 3500 people in front of me with that exact description!

So it's still a male-dominated hobby, but the person who won "Homebrewer of the Year" this year was an African-American woman, so we're making strides in branching out a bit.

What's ironic, and if I remember my history correctly, brewing was always the woman's job (it's just "cooking" afterall), while the menfolk went out to fight wars and hunt meat.

While there are quite a few women around (more than you'd expect), it's a very small minority. Most homebrewers that I see and know are male.

There was a joke at the National Homebrew Conference played on me. A guy said he was looking for a buddy. I asked what he looked like. He responded, "Between 30 and 40, white guy, slightly overweight, with some facial hair". I looked up, and there were 3500 people in front of me with that exact description!

So it's still a male-dominated hobby, but the person who won "Homebrewer of the Year" this year was an African-American woman, so we're making strides in branching out a bit.

I pretty much did the same thing to my husband. We went to comic con this year and I had quite a few friends working it. I told my husband, see the guy in the super hero costume? We went to school together. Lol. sad, but so true. I want to get to the point where someday I will have my geek chaser beer at the denver comic con.

What's ironic, and if I remember my history correctly, brewing was always the woman's job (it's just "cooking" afterall), while the menfolk went out to fight wars and hunt meat.

That's so true, and now even the chef world is a mans world. Up is down, left is right, women role are now man things....next thing you know they will be stay at home parents...oh wait...lol

Latest posts

Back