WNC-PrivateStock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I've been lurking around the forum and reading quite a bit.

My Dad was a rather renowned local winemaker and liquor distiller in the town I grew up in... so good in fact that during the Eric Rudolph search, he kept the FBI and ATF guys drunk nearly every night without worry about them interfering with his operation.

Well, I helped a little when I was much younger, late teens and early twenties. I especially loved his strawberry and apple wine. Since I seldom drank, I didn't have much of it over the years, but when I did...I loved it. I generally hate the taste of wine and beer...but I've been trying to re-create his recipes since he died to keep the tradition alive...well the wine making tradition.

I've got his apple wine perfected...and now it's my apple wine. Doesn't even have to be aged to mellow out...it's good on day one, it's good at two weeks, it's good at a month...and I've not had any last more than a month to see how well it ages out.

Same for the strawberry...I'm told that it's even better than his. I just feel that it's a little weak so I'm experimenting and posted a question in the wine forum for advice to make it stronger.

Anyway, I'm WNC-PrivateStock and I thought I'd join and start posting. Great forum BTW... I'm using advice from here to perfect my hard cider as well.

Back