Wisconsin hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

lakewood

Hi. New to forum. Looking to get started growing hops on our farm..thinking two acres next year and doubling each year until we can't keep up (we have 100's of acres available). What do you all think is realistic way to start and how much labor time per acre during season? What is a good source for plants or rootlets?

This is a question I am curious about as well. I do not have close to 100 acres, but would like to grow my own things too.

I grew a few plants on a tiny plot this year, I bought them on ebay. If I were trying to farm them commercially, I would try state and federal departments of agriculture. Also ag college extensions. Good luck, good beer requires good hops.

OP, obviously I sent you a PM and by now I believe you've found the "hops Growing" part of the forum, but for the record, you don't want to start with 100 acres. Most of our growers start with 1 or 2 and find that to be more than enough work.

Back