Wiring up my "new" walk-in

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

torque2

Reaction score
Picked up a 6x6 walk-in from a retired florist and wanting to wire it up. Problem is there are five wires that need to be hooked up to my shop circuit. It is a 120v unit and the wires are as follows:
Black - hot
White - neutral
Green - ground
Red - ?
Blue - ?
The red runs to the coil behind the compressor. The blue appears to run to the thermostat. Don't want to fry something w/ experimentation. Any suggestions?

Photos might help. Schematic would be better. Manufacturer and model #? Are you sure its a 120vac unit?

Here's a few pics. I don't know any electricians, and I have lots of brew to share so that may have to be my next project. On-line searching brings up nothing for the model # and the company still has a website, but I doubt they will offer wiring info to a customer. Can't hurt to try, so I can give them a call on Monday.

DSC_1536.jpg

DSC_1535.jpg

DSC_1538.jpg

DSC_1539.jpg

Just found the 220v sticker on the compressor. So, that accounts for the red wire. Blue wire attaches to the coil on back of the compressor.

Latest posts

Back