Wiring Rtd sensor to Auber 2362

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Backwoodsbrewing

Reaction score
I am wiring rtd sensors into a Auber syl 2362 pid controller. I bought 3 pre wired socket that mount in the bottom of my controller and attach with a quick connect locking cord. The rtd's are three wire rtd's so are the cords and sockets. I am having trouble figuring out how to hook these up properly, according to the wiring instructions . The instructions on the pid says the input is polarity sensitive but the wiring on the sockets gives me two red wires and what looks like a bare shield wire. How can I tell which wires are negative and positive

How about some pics of all the different pieces.

On RTD's, the two same colored wires are interchangeable. It doesn't matter what color they actually are, and they connect to the "red" terminals of the 2362. The odd color wire then connects to the "white" terminal of the 2362.

Brew on :mug:

How about some pics of all the different pieces.

On RTD's, the two same colored wires are interchangeable. It doesn't matter what color they actually are, and they connect to the "red" terminals of the 2362. The odd color wire then connects to the "white" terminal of the 2362.

The 2362 says to land on terminals 6,7and 8. Looking at the diagram of the 2362 there are two terminals marked positive and negative the third is a symbol I'm not familiar with

The 2362 says to land on terminals 6,7and 8. Looking at the diagram of the 2362 there are two terminals marked positive and negative the third is a symbol I'm not familiar with

"+" and "-" are for when using thermocouples rather than RTD's. The diagram below shows how to hook up an RTD.

SYL-2362 Terminal Diagram.png

Back