wiring question in a ssr to outlet running a 110v heater

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewskiesbbq

Reaction score
4E4FE343-51E9-4E35-BADC-34B9E15FA1D6.jpeg
2D236713-3065-4F6C-B338-D6397664D6A5.jpeg
Is there anyone who can tell me if this is wired properly. The auber dspr400 is the controller. I am not questioning that but i am questioning the ssr 110v wiring to the outlet. One outlet will be hot when i turn on the switch and the other will be run by the relay and controller. I want to plug in a 110v heating element into the ssr outlet. I have loaded 2 schematics one with nuetral going to the outlet and the other with a load going to the outlet. can you tell me which will work. Pay no attention to the second relay that is for another project.

Those two drawings are exactly the same electrically. Changing the color of a wire doesn't change what it does electrically. The way you have it drawn the "Still" outlet is controlled by the SSR, and the SSR outlet comes on when the power is switched on.

Since you are on a circuit with a max 20A breaker in the service panel, you don't need another 20A breaker in your panel.

Brew on :mug:

By the looks I cannot tell the difference between the 2 images. Though by your desired description it does look this will work. One is on the switch and one is on the relay. Though, are you isolating the control voltage with the main?

Also, if you want the “Still” to work if the switch is off...then you need to grab neutral before the switch.

Also, if you want the “Still” to work if the switch is off...then you need to grab neutral before the switch.
OP does not switch the neutral (as should be the case), so there is no issue with the neutral.

Brew on :mug:

Back