Wiring help needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alan_P

Reaction score
Hello
I'm thinking to replace an old fridge's thermostat with the STC-1000 but I cannot figure out the wiring part. I seems I've got 2 wires for phase going to the thermostat: one directly from the power supply and the 2nd from the compressor. I'd assume I need to use the one from the compressor but wht do I do with the 2nd phase wise?

I appreciate any suggestions, thanks.

T-circuit.jpg

Think of the STC as a simple switch. In your diagram above, you would connect the brown wire from Pin 6 to one side of the "cooling" output on the STC and the Black from the compressor to the other cooling terminal. When the set temp is exceeded the cooling contact closes and the compressor is turned on.

The other circuitry is not necessary unless you want the compressor to be cut off whenever the door is open.

I have to say that I don't quite understand the pin 4 or yellow/green wires.

the yellow/green wire is a ground wire. should just be able to ground it to a screw on the body of the fridge

yes.. pin 4 is also phase, coming from the compressor... hence my concern...
green/yellow is always grounding, there's no ground wire on stc-1000 so I left it aside.

okay, I've found the solution with the help of one friend and in case someone else will have the same question I'll post it here - it actually works! even if chances are this thread will never be read again :)
2 phases:
  • the one coming directly from the power supply goes to main power source on controller [nr 2 & also 7 on STC]
  • the one coming from the compressor goes on nr 8 on STC
  • the rest is pretty much self-explanatory
thanks for your help, people :)

Latest posts

Back