Wiring Help Needed for MH1210F

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hampmac

Reaction score
I purchased a single control MH1210F temperature controller to regulate the temp of a spare freezer, so that I may use it as a keezer. I bought the temp controller model MH1210F, a project box, and an electrical outlet, but I cannot figure out how to wire it all up. I would like to be able to plug my freezer into either electrical outlet port, and have the temperature controller shut off power to the outlet when the temp controller registers a certain temperature. I have been staring at wiring diagrams until I'm crosseyed, thinking that if I look at them long enough I may begin to understand them. I still do not. Would anyone be willing and able to help me figure this out? Much thanks.

This should get you started.

When wiring your duplex outlet, the switched black (AC hot) wire from the MH1210F pin 2 goes to the brass colored screws on one side, the white (AC neutral) wire goes to the silver colored screws, and the green wire goes to the grounding lug...

Cheers!

mh1210.jpg

Thank you very much Day Trippr. I think I'm beginning to understand. Could you clarify one thing for me. The black wire coming from the male plug appears to be going into pins 1 and 3. If I am reading this correctly, how do I make this happen?

Thank you very much Day Trippr. I think I'm beginning to understand. Could you clarify one thing for me. The black wire coming from the male plug appears to be going into pins 1 and 3. If I am reading this correctly, how do I make this happen?

The easiest way is to use "wire nuts" where there are three wire ends to connect together. So you'd need them in the two places shown in the diagram.

9099d1171303492-wire-nuts-wirenuts.jpg

If you use 14 gauge wire for all of the connections shown, I'd say the yellow nuts are probably the best fit...

Cheers!

day trippr, you the man! i just bought one of these and have spent a few hours looking for a wiring diagram for this specific model! you saved the day

Latest posts

Back