Wiring Fermwrap to Inkbird ITC-2000

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrunkenCanuck

Reaction score
Hey all!

So long time lurker, haven't posted much recently but have come seeking some advice. I recently acquired a Fermwrap and would like to use it as a heat wrap for fermentation. I have an Inkbird ITC-2000 single stage controller kicking around that I'd like to use. What's the best way to wire the two together? I know I can get one of the prewired 308's, but I figured since I have this controller kicking around and won't be using it any time soon, I might as well try and make use of it. Is it possible to wire the Fermwrap in line to the controller and out to the plug? If so, I'd assume I'll need some other components in the circuit to prevent surging and the like.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

You can certainly do this, easiest way would be to buy a three prong 14 GA extension cord, cut it somewhere in the middle or wherever you think would work best (remembering you only get one shot ;)) then wire the end with the male plug to the ITC-2000 input and wire the end with the female socket to the switched "HEAT" output, then wire-nut the two ends of the green wires together (there is no connection for Safety Ground at the ITC-2000). Then wire your probe to the SENSOR inputs and you should be good to go.

I would definitely recommend a thermowell with this setup...

ITC-2000.jpg

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back