Wine kegorator conversion to beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dg_fats

Reaction score
I bought a used mircomatic dual temperature zone 4 tap wine kegorator for what I thought was a great price. I was hoping convert this to a beer kegorator and was hoping for some advice before I reinvent the wheel.
Has anyone tried this or remember a thread that described the steps involved?

Best way to bypass or alter the built in thermostats to get the temp down to beer appropriate levels? Right now I think the digital ones stop at 40 and 56 degrees,

Do I need to change out the taps themselves? They look to be a bit smaller in diameter than beer taps. What are the consequences of using these smaller ones with beer?

What else would need to be done (besides a deep cleaning and sanitizing) to this kegorator to make it work well for beer? What other differences are there between wine and beer kegoraters?

Thanks

Not sure about a lot of the other stuff but I do know to change the temp all you need is a controller. I use the inkbird-itc308 on my keezer and it works, easy to setup, and best of all cheap. Got mine on amazon. May need to change the taps as im not sure what all is different between wine and beer.

Not sure about a lot of the other stuff but I do know to change the temp all you need is a controller. I use the inkbird-itc308 on my keezer and it works, easy to setup, and best of all cheap. Got mine on amazon. May need to change the taps as im not sure what all is different between wine and beer.

A temp controller works by turning the temperature on the kegerator down all the way and letting the controller turn it on and off when it needs to. If his kegerator's internal controller can only be set down to 40 degrees, an external controller isn't going to bypass that by itself. It sounds like he'll have to figure out how to wire his controller into the kegerator to bypass the internal controller.

I bought a used mircomatic dual temperature zone 4 tap wine kegorator for what I thought was a great price. I was hoping convert this to a beer kegorator and was hoping for some advice before I reinvent the wheel.
Has anyone tried this or remember a thread that described the steps involved?

Best way to bypass or alter the built in thermostats to get the temp down to beer appropriate levels? Right now I think the digital ones stop at 40 and 56 degrees,

Do I need to change out the taps themselves? They look to be a bit smaller in diameter than beer taps. What are the consequences of using these smaller ones with beer?

What else would need to be done (besides a deep cleaning and sanitizing) to this kegorator to make it work well for beer? What other differences are there between wine and beer kegoraters?

Thanks

Some pics of the taps would help.

Back