Wine Blending

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbrandon724

Reaction score
I have a batch of Strawberry and a batch of Rhubarb wine that are both bulk aging at the moment. I really want to blend some of each into a strawberry rhubarb, but have never done so. How would I go about it? The strawberry is a bit further along as I have already filtered it and I plan to back-sweeten a bit before bottling. The rhubarb is clearing and I plan to filter in about a week or so.

I think both could still benefit from some more aging (especially the rhubarb) before bottling. I was thinking of blending half of each together. They are both 5 gallon batches.

How would I go about the blending?

Test samples. You may find that a 50/50 ratio is not the taste you imagined. Take a cup or two of each and make several test blends (keep good notes!) And get at least one other person to give you an opinion on each.

Good luck! :)

There is a winery that I get used bottles from. Once there was a bottle with their notes of the percentages of each type of wine they had blended into it.

While it wasn't the types you are blending it was a good lesson. Do as the others have said above then bottle age some with that blend.

Back