Windsor yeast problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PIGMAN

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else had experienced the same problem that I am having now. I brewed a batch of brown ale using Windsor yeast. A couple of weeks after bottling, I noticed a couple of bottles had broken in the Rubbermaid. A week later, when I tested the ale, I had gushers. I had steady gravity readings prior to bottling, my sanitation is fine and I am sure that I didn't over prime. I realize that there are gusher bugs out there, but I bottled four other batches since then, with excellent results. Those batches used 04 and 05. The very same equipment was used on the four good batches. Yesterday, I tested my latest batch, in which I again used Windsor, and had the same results as the prior bad batch. Is there something about Windsor yeast that could cause this? Appreciate any thoughts.:fro:

I've used Windsor, but I kegged so I didn't experience bottle bombs.

What were your expected and actual FGs? It's possible you had a stalled fermentation, which would explain the stable gravity reading and the restarting of it in the bottle.

Latest posts

Back