Willamette w/ Centennial?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gropo

Reaction score
Has anyone paired these 2 hops and produced a decent IPA? I've got a lot of each, so I'm planning on brewing an IPA this weekend using these. I'm not quite sure exactly the best way to schedule these two together. I've got 2 ozs of Citra to dry hop with.
Thanks for any advice.

I'm not a huge fan of willamette, but I love it with cascade. Since cascade and centennial are so similar, I can see it working together wonderfully.

My favorite hoppy amber has equal amounts of cascade and willamette at 10, 5, and 0, and also in dryhopping. I'd be confident enough to sub centennial in there for a good beer.

I have done Cascade and Willamette and it turned out excellent. I used a ratio of 2 to 1 (2 Cascade to 1 Willamette). It gave the flavor a 'super charged' Cascade flavor, which coincidentally, is the description used for Cents. So I'm not sure if you will get he same results.

Give it a try report back!

I'm thinking something along the lines of:
1.5 oz Centennial @ 60
.5 oz of each @ 15
1 oz of each @ 0
Then dry hopping with 2 oz of Citra
This should put it in the 80-ish IBU range, and I'm hoping that the Citra dry-hop will be distinctive...ala "Torpedo Extra IPA"

Back