Will this range hood work?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreddyMar3

Reaction score
I know the ventilation issue has been discussed ad nauseam, but most threads I've found cover DIY options. I'm wondering if anyone out there can tell me if they think this will work?

http://www.wayfair.com/Cosmo-Applia...l-Mount-Range-Hood-63190-FT-900-CSMO1025.html

Found a great deal on it on craigslist. I would be running the exhaust pipe straight up about 6 feet through the roof of my garage, no turns and using non-flexible pipe.

Thanks in advance.

range hood.jpg

I should also mention that I am doing single vessel electric BIAB with a 20 gallon kettle.

I use a lesser hood with flex tube and turns and it almost keeps up. I think you will be fine. I did take the filter out so that it didn't restrict the flow or get soggy and drip.

Should work great, look into adding a variac, great for speed control, a little pricy but will save you from pulling to much air out of you brew space and losing heat. Unless that is a. Non issue. I am oin northern canada so that is. Always an issue for me!

Back