Will this gas my corny keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No matter what, you'll need a regulator, and since regulators are meant to fit standard CO2 tanks, you'll need a standard CO2 tank. I'd advise against anything else, with the exception of maybe a 20oz paintball tank that you can get filled at sporting goods stores (Academy, etc). But you'll need an adapter for that so the regulator will fit.

In other words, get a proper CO2 tank and regulator. If you can't, just carb the keg naturally (with priming sugar).

No matter what, you'll need a regulator, and since regulators are meant to fit standard CO2 tanks, you'll need a standard CO2 tank. I'd advise against anything else, with the exception of maybe a 20oz paintball tank that you can get filled at sporting goods stores (Academy, etc). But you'll need an adapter for that so the regulator will fit.

In other words, get a proper CO2 tank and regulator. If you can't, just carb the keg naturally (with priming sugar).

You'll also still need CO2 to seal your keg after you put in your priming sugar/malt. That way the CO2 created won't leak out.

Back