Will my gravity drop anymore??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hooterjbrew

Reaction score
Brewed NEIPA pitched 1318 on 16 June, first dry hops on 19 June and just checked my gravity and dropped my second dry hops tonight 25 June. OG was 1.062 and had great activity with crazy high krausen that almost went out of the blowoff tube. Gravity tonight was 1.018 (still got bubbles in starsan) checking it in at 5.8 abv. So i have some questions

Will it drop anymore in the next 3-4 days?
Will it be to sweet after carbed if it doesn't drop anymore?
Is there something I can do to counteract the sweetness?

On the test pull the hops were light on the nose, not pungent at all. Taste was good not as sweet as I thought it would be and just a hint of good juicyness on the end. Disappointed so far, hoping for way more hops on the nose and a whole lot juicier than what I got.

Will the hops and smell intensify after kegged and carbed?
Will this second dry hop be the helping hand of hops that Im looking for?

Dry Hop on both additions
1.5oz Citra
1.0oz Mosaic
1.0oz Azacca

If anything goes for me it will be the color and haze so far lol it looks awesome! And this is my first NEIPA and all grain brew so learning experience for sure, lots of hiccups with this brew no pun intended.

All of the experience and help is appreciated :mug:

What was your grain bill? 1.018 sounds like it needs more time. Hops probably could use a little more time too. I would give it at lest a day before I checked it again.

~9 days in most pitches are pretty much at terminal gravity. There are exceptions but we're not talking Saisons here.

You can run 1318 up to 74°F. If you've been cruising lower you might up the voltage and see if you can get a few more points out of that pitch. At ~9 days you're well past the point of any detriment...

Cheers!

Sounds like you are on the right track. Day Trippr may have a good idea, ramp up the temp a little, maybe even give it a slight agitation to see if its stuck. Since your kegging no need to worry about it being totally done.

~9 days in most pitches are pretty much at terminal gravity. There are exceptions but we're not talking Saisons here.

You can run 1318 up to 74°F. If you've been cruising lower you might up the voltage and see if you can get a few more points out of that pitch. At ~9 days you're well past the point of any detriment...

Cheers!

That's what I was thinking as well, took your advice and bumped the temp up on the chamber this morning and now hope it drops a few more points. Thanks for the input

Latest posts

Back