Will kegged RB carb at 12-15 psi in two weeks?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GroosBrewz

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a four keg system with seperate check valves, but at the moment I have no dual regulators or even a spare fridge for that matter.. long story..
anyway, I am in charge of the beer for a friends graduation party coming up in a couple weeks.. I have three kegs of beer ready to go (need carbed) and 5 gallons of RB..

Since I have no seperate regulators for each keg, and I know I want my RB to carb at or around 35 PSI for a week or so, and I dont really want 35 lbs of gas on my other 3 kegs, i was wondering if I can just keep all the kegs, (RB included) at 12-15 PSI.. will the RB carb enough at that PSI in two weeks to be acceptable to serve at a party? Or should I disconnect the other kegs, jack up the PSI on the RB to 35 PSI for a week, then turn the gas back down to 12-15 and reconnect all the other kegs for the last week or so? Thanks!
:mug:

I'm always impatient and carb my beer at like 40+ psi for just a couple of days. cold beer (or root beer) should be able to be carbed in ~5 mins if you crank the pressure up and shake it.

Back