Will I need a new electrode

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ram5ey

Reaction score
I got a Milwaukee PH56 from a friend that had it for over a year and never took it out of the box. Will it need a new electrode to function?

If it was never used it may still be good. Only way to find out is to soak it in storage solution for a day, calibrate it and test it in a buffer solution.

Had a similar situation. I bought my pH meter and had it sit for a few months before I got around to using it. I soaked it in the storage solution for an hour like the instructions stated (if the tip went dry). I placed it in calibration solution and it would only read 14 (it was in a 7 pH solution ) called tech support and they said the probe was bad, since it was still under warranty, they shipped a new one out.

They soaking the sensor in storage solution for about an hour then rinse it with distilled water and see if that reactivated the sensor. If you place it in calibration solution and it isn't reading anything near the buffer number, the probe could be bad.

Latest posts

Back