Will green beer taste clean up in fridge keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnr1005

Reaction score
So yes, we got a little eager. Brewed a Belgian recipie that said 3 weeks til ready to bottle...but we put in a keg instead. Forced carbed last 3 days and tried it tonight. Still has a "bite" to it. Should we pull it back out of the fridge to age, or will it age okay in the fridge?

If it was bottled I would just leave it alone...but only have space for 2 kegs in the fridge so if this is something that will take longer to age when cold, I may want to pull it...? (Although not sure about rules on pulling a chilled beer, but since people cold crash then bottle it can't be that wrong, right?

What sort of Belgian recipe is it? Some Belgian ales take months to condition. I tend to bottle such batches since I'd rather not tie up a keg for that long.

It won't hurt the beer to bring it back to room temp. I'm assuming that your keg was purged with CO2 after the beer was racked to it.

Back