Wife bought me a used keg for christmas, need advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brizzo

Reaction score
So my awesome wife bought me a second keg so I could finish my kegerator. I have been using the one 5 gal corny keg I already had for about a year and I am pumped to have a second one.
My question is this: as I was cleaning the keg I noticed that the homebrew shop had used a ginde to grind off the name of the company who previously used the keg. On the inside of the keg I can see a scoch mark where here the grinder heted the metal up. Is this still okay to use? The keg was pressurized and it seems to hold pressure okay. I am worried about sanitation and I don't want to ruin the next batch I transfer in to it.

1. Fix typos in post. :D
2. Exchange it for one that wasn't molested like that. NO reason to use a grinder on a corny keg, unless it was stolen. Even less reason to use a grinder on something if you don't know how to use one properly. Using enough force to discolor it inside means the integrity is compromised. I wouldn't trust it any further than I could jam that guy's head through the opening. :eek:

Yeah that is absolutely retarded. Take it back and exchange it for one that isn't messed up. If they won't do that exchange it for ingredients or something.

Stupid typos, autocorrect on I pad always kicks my butt

Golddiggie said:
Easy to fix.

Step one, get a big hammer.
Step two, apply hammer to iPad multiple times until in several pieces.
Step three, place parts into trash bin.

Autocorrect:
Step three, place parts into mash tun.

Latest posts

Back