Wife Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yemag

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to the home brew community. I've been brewing for ~1 year extract and mini mash. Thinking of going to all grain. My problem. My wife likes my beer, but it's to potent for her. I was thinking of making a pilsner. Then I looked at a Berlin Wisen. Anyone have any suggestions. She likes wheat beer, Red Hook ESB, Rolling Rock and Miller MGD (!!). I'd like to make something tasty, but w 3-4% alcohol.

-Yemag

You could brew a modest hefe, she might like that. Milds and ordinary bitters are also pretty low in alcohol content (ESBs are usually higher). You can make a tasty brown ale that's pretty low-alcohol. What have you been brewing that she likes, but finds too potent?

Hey Bird,

I've brewed a triple Belgin Ale, Hefe, Pale Ale, and a Porter. She likes them all, but they're too boozy for her. Actually she liked the Belgin the best. I think your idea of a modest Hefe sounds good. The Berlin Hefe that can be flavored is interesting. I hear it is properly drunk with a straw!.

Back