Wierd milky stuff

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoostedF150

Reaction score
THis is BM's centenial blonde. I just put in in the fridge last night to chill it before kegging and thi morning one of the secondaries has the milky looking stuff on the top 1/4 inch of the carboy. Anyone know what it is? Fridge is about 38 degrees.

image-1509533951.jpg

image-1564124867.jpg

It just appeared after chilling the beer? Is it maybe starsan that got sucked into the carboy?

I was starting to wonder that myself. Im at work now so i cant check the airlock till tonight, it didnt even cross my mind to check it thismorning when i noticed it. I it is it shouldnt hurt the beer?

Shouldn't. It loses its sanitizing ability after a while so theoretically there could be a few bugs kicking around in there but it's most likely fine. And there's such a small amount there that it won't affect flavor at all. If it weirds you out you could try removing it using a turkey baster.

Back