why doesn`t beersmth adjust OG when boil time is changed?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bctdi

Reaction score
I`ve been using beersmith for about a year now, but I can`t figure out how to make it adjust the gravity when I go from a 60 minute boil to a 90 minute boil.Is there some setting to make this work?:confused:It seems to me that it should be able to look at your boil off rate settings, your preboil gravity, and boil time...then adjust the post boil gravity accordingly...but I could type in a 3 hour boil and It still shows the exact same OG at the end as a 60 minute boil.Since a longer boil concentrates the wort more, shouldn`t this be reflected?

Make sure it's not changing the pre-boil volume to compensate for the target post boil grav.

And make sure you don't have it locked.

Just what GilaMinumBeer Said.

If you have the "Calculate Volume based on my Equipment" checkbox checked...Beersmith is increasing your Pre-Boil volume so your batch size is constant. Your Pre-Boil Gravity is what is changing, preview your brewsheet and see what pre-boil volume and gravity is.

Ok, that was it.I had the "calculate volume based on equipment" box unchecked so it did not change the volume or the OG.I checked that box and it changes the volume accordingly.....thanks for the help... It was driving me nuts!:mug:

Back