Why did you drink that?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tgmartin000

Reaction score
So, I brewed a Tripel (1.082ish) back in july. It was bulk aged until December, when it was bottled. It's been conditioning at my band's practice space since December, since my basement is about 58 degrees. The recipie was an AHA national champion.

Beginning of March, I put one in the fridge to lager for a month, as recommended. It was perfect - we weren't planning on being there for a month. I'd have a sweet tripel waiting for me at the next practice. Plus it would be right in season at that point.

My **&@@!1 bandmate stops by to pick up some gear. I see him the next day, and he hands me the cap from my anxiously awaited tripel.

"By the way, I noticed a beer in the fridge when I was getting the gear, I figured I'd drink it, was feelin kinda thirsty".

"Oh yea, how'd it taste? I've been looking forward to trying it."

"It was good, it tasted like beer."

"Great, thanks for checking that out for me" I tell him.

Dangnabbit. Now I have to wait another month to try one. Freakin banjo players.:mad:

Perhaps a nice label would help. Something like:

beerdickbeaters_zpsb69f25cb.jpg

Wow!!!!!!!! Rather comical. Sounds like your banjo player is Steve Martin then??:fro::mug:

Yeah that kinda threw me too. I was imagining a big dude with long hair and dirty jeans. That last line instantly put him in a beard, plaid pants, and a fedora.

Don't forget the suspenders or the thrift store button-down shirt that's a size too small.

Here's an idea: why not put more than one in the fridge? Do you always plan your beer consumption a month out and on a single bottle basis?

Also, why are you lagering a tripel? After months of conditioning?

Those things are ready to drink, now.

Here's an idea: why not put more than one in the fridge? Do you always plan your beer consumption a month out and on a single bottle basis?

Same thinking I had. And with a Tripel, the serving temperature is 50, so really just a cool basement and they are at serving temp.

And Banjo players are much better than bass players. I don't think bass players are real people.

landshark said:
And Banjo players are much better than bass players. I don't think bass players are real people.

Wow- I didn't know people with good taste in beer didn't like us bass players. Yeah if you like a boring bass line, we can be replaced by a piano players left hand. Damn I feel useless.

Guess my degree in music is as useless as skills on bass...

Wow- I didn't know people with good taste in beer didn't like us bass players. Yeah if you like a boring bass line, we can be replaced by a piano players left hand. Damn I feel useless.

Guess my degree in music is as useless as skills on bass...

lol, my neighbor and brother-in-law are both bass players.

Hah! We surround you! I'll buy you a beer if you're ever in my neck o the woods. Cheers

Absolutely. I brewed this in July planning on an April consumption. I just did a single bottle because it was a little hot at bottling. I wanted to try just one to see if it was ready.

This recipie, and lots of other tripels I've seen, call for a month of lagering. Or cold conditioning.

Absolutely. I brewed this in July planning on an April consumption. I just did a single bottle because it was a little hot at bottling. I wanted to try just one to see if it was ready.

This recipie, and lots of other tripels I've seen, call for a month of lagering. Or cold conditioning.

Odd, I've never heard of lagering a tripel. Aging, cellaring, souring sure. But never lagering or even really cold conditioning for that matter.

Do that beer proper justice, enjoy at 55 degrees in a chalice.

Back