Whos about to go illegal? (2008 Update)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have to look but I think my last count was 170 gallons this year. Will be doing my first 25 gall batch next weekend do I guess I'll be done after that. :(

I'm wondering WHO IS GOING ILLEGAL in '09?
I really wanted to hit 200 this year, but it ain't gonna happen....
Next Year...I want to be BierMuncher Quantity. The sad fact is, I drink 99.987% of the beer I brew, and some 40 gallons of what I've made this year is wine and mead that's still in carboys. Next Year I want some friends to help drink this stuff up! Also those friends will be "Brewing" the beer that I'll be storing, and that will help me not get in trouble with the Law.

I'm wondering WHO IS GOING ILLEGAL in '09?
I really wanted to hit 200 this year, but it ain't gonna happen....
Next Year...I want to be BierMuncher Quantity. The sad fact is, I drink 99.987% of the beer I brew, and some 40 gallons of what I've made this year is wine and mead that's still in carboys. Next Year I want some friends to help drink this stuff up! Also those friends will be "Brewing" the beer that I'll be storing, and that will help me not get in trouble with the Law.

I'll be your friend. :D

If you demand proof about the tax bill, and they show you a copy of your post here, that ought to pucker you up in a big hurry.

Don't think the "friend" bit even comes close to getting you out from under the IRS, either. The next question will be "so, who's your friend?" Pick your poison.

Guys, I'm just trying to give you a little free advice. If you want to brag about what you or some "friend" is doing, just don't do it in writing. And, remember, this is all in writing!

Brew strong, brew long, but keep your friggin' head in the game.

TL

Dear Sirs(IRS guys): I brewed 80 gallons this year and plan to stop at 99
BM: Your friend needs to host a party to deplete the supplies, charge a small fee to defray cost and pay the IRS:eek:
I agree w/ Tex, IRS has more power than any other organization well except the vice president, Cheney. All they have to do is bill you.

Count me in too. :D

Heck, I need someone to drink more of MY beer. I can't brew often enough because I have filled the pipeline!

My exact sitation. I know it sounds like a "waaah, waaaah" complaint but I really love to brew and I have a LOT of beer in my basement.

Really? Wow.

American and Canadians are so similar, yet different in some peculiar ways.

For example, you all seem to like your guns and vigorously protect your right to bear arms. Up here, we have silly, silly firearms laws that do nothing, but Canadians are OK with that.

But down there, you have limits on your homebrew. Up here, we like our beer and vigorously protect the right to defend our beer! (To the best of my knowledge, we have no such law in Canada.)

Biermuncher, if you keep brewing like that, you are going to have to brew at my house soon! (You are welcome to leave the beer here, though -- those pesky borders are getting harder and harder to sneak alcohol across! :D )

I'm going to combine the two schools of thought and name my brewery:

"RIGHT TO BEER ARMS" or "2ND AMENDMENT BREWERY"

Is the law in reference to production or possession?

I'd like to brew a few batches of RIS and BarleyWine to lay down for a few years. Do those batches count against my 100/200 G yearly total or do they not factor into the equation? I'm thinking about those rich folks with wine cellars of 1000+ bottles that span 10 - 20 years.

What if I want to age wine? A good wine can and should be aged a year or more before drinking. Is storing home brewed products is the total cumulative from the previous year?

Enquirering minds want to know.

Not that it matters, I mash in a 2.5G cooler. :eek:

Back