Who is Brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kennanwt5

Reaction score
What ya Brewing?

I am brewing a 1 gal pal ale starter for my brew day next week which is a 5 gal Sweetwater 420 clone. Of course all-grain.

I've been "away" for a while and am going to brew on Tuesday. 2 - 1 gallon batches (not sure if I'll get through both on the same day as it's been awhile!). One Scottish Ale (Bellhaven Clone), and a Coffee Stout.

Going back to all grain, but taking it small because it has been some time!

Obsidian Stout Clone per the CYBI recipe tomorrow. Just moved my starter from the stir plate to the fridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Obsidian Stout Clone per the CYBI recipe tomorrow. Just moved my starter from the stir plate to the fridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

How did it turn out, cease? DId you do any water treatment?

How did it turn out, cease? DId you do any water treatment?

Turned out great! It was good pretty much right out of the fermenter but after a few weeks in the keg it really rounded out.

I have relatively hard(ish) water so I just carbon filtered and added some calcium chloride and gypsum to my mash. I only used a small amount of lactic acid to get the mash PH adjusted since the recipe has lots of dark grains.

Latest posts

Back