White Flakes In Keg Pours

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wobdee

Reaction score
Ive been getting these tiny white flakes in my keg pours for about the first 12 or so pints. It looks like yeast and if I let it sit for a few min it all drops down to the bottom of the glass. The beer (pilsner) is very clear but those flakes are really bugging me.

Psi is set at 12 in my kegerator and I have a 4' line. It pours great but maybe I need a longer line to solve this? If I turn it down to about 4 psi it does run clear but I don't really want to mess with the co2 regulator every pour. What do you all think?

Could be hard packed yeast that is being sucked up by the diptube?
I cut my diptubes so the yeast can settle to the bottom but won't get sucked up.
Or maybe there was something in your diptube that is now flaking off?

Dip tubes are all cut off about 1\4", but I think your right about it getting sucked from the bottom.

Could it be the tap line? I haven't changed it out or cleaned in 5 months but it looks clean.

It was a dirty line. Something white was growing up inside my tower. Changed out the line and its running nice and clear.

Back